BEST MEAL REPLACEMENT SHAKES IN THE UK 2022
Content Quick Jump
- BEST MEAL REPLACEMENT SHAKES IN THE UK 2022
- What Should One Look for in a Meal Replacement Shake?
- Before Buying Meal Replacement Shakes, It’s Important to Remember that
- Best Meal Replacement Shakes in the Amazon UK 2022
- Bottom line
Picture this: a tall glass of cool chocolate, vanilla, or fruit flavoured drink, with the top enticingly frothing, the taste delicately sweet. The best part? It already contains a good amount of nutrients and minerals your body needs. Friends welcome to the world of Meal Replacement Shakes.
This shake has been around since the ’60s. Think space-age genre and food that doesn’t need to be chewed. But it wasn’t until two decades later that it was noticed and considered for the actual purpose of replacing meals. So why go for it?
Well for one, in this busy world, sometimes preparing a meal is not the most appealing prospect. It wouldn’t hurt to have a few meals replaced by a good tasting shake which can provide some if not all the vitamins and nutrients your body would need.
Aside from saving people some time away from the stove, meal replacement shakes can be an alternative for those who are overwhelmed by the variety of food that needs to be eaten in order to provide adequate nutrients.
These shakes can also help in weight control since they can give a feeling of satiety, or being full, hence decreasing food and calorie intake.
What Should One Look for in a Meal Replacement Shake?
1. There’s a thing called MACRONUTRIENTS
Our body uses substances in food to function properly and maintain its health. These food substances are called Nutrients.
Nutrients are grouped into two- Micronutrients and Macronutrients.
Macronutrients are energy or calorie providing nutrients that we require in large amounts to support our daily activities and sustain our immune functions. Carbohydrates, proteins, and fats are the three types of macronutrients that, aside from providing energy, performs precise roles that allow our body to function well.
Carbohydrates, aside from being the main energy source also help process certain amino acids ( protein building blocks ) and allow for consistent bowl movement. Fibre, a type of carbohydrate, assists in keeping the intestinal tract healthy and helps get rid of body waste.
Protein is a carbohydrates teammate in carrying out our bodily functions. It allows for the maintenance of our muscle mass, builds and repairs tissues, and is the primary component for muscle growth.
Fat could be the most unpopular of the macronutrients triumvirate. That may be because some fats are certainly bad for us. However, it is also important to remember that fat is an indispensable part of our body’s processes- to maintain the well being of cell membranes, absorb fat-soluble vitamins, allow to store energy, produce particular hormones, and cushion body organs.
There is actually no specific amount or split of macronutrients that could be applicable to everyone. However, the recommended DAILY intake would be 50g of protein, 225g of carbohydrates, and 50g of fat. When divided into the meals taken in a day, a good meal replacement shake should be able to provide those macronutrients in that ratio.
2. Veer towards the shake that has essential VITAMINS
Since Vitamins are micronutrients, it’s easy to think that you only need a small amount to get you going. However, that small amount means a lot because Vitamins perform hundreds of roles in our body.
B Vitamins( Biotin, Folic Acid, Niacin, Thiamine, Vitamin B6 ) and Vitamin C help release and produce energy from food, build proteins and cells, and make collagen to heal wounds. Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Vitamin E, and Vitamin D helps in bone formation, protects our vision, maintain the body cells’ health, and works as antioxidant as well.
3. Meal Replacement Shakes with Minerals
Much like vitamins, Minerals aid in a variety of functions. Potassium, Sodium, and Chloride help to maintain the water balance, while Calcium and Magnesium are utilized for bone health. Zinc supports optimal immune response and helps blood clot. Iron carries oxygen throughout the body. The presence of these minerals in a meal replacement shake would do well to support normal immune functions.
4. Don’t leave out the Essential Fatty Acids
It may come as a surprise, but Fat- a good fat that is, in the right amount is still needed to maintain a healthy diet. Essential Fatty Acids, Omega 3 ( alpha-linolenic acid ) and Omega 6 ( linoleic acid ) are requisite for the functions of transport and breakdown of cholesterol, maintaining the health of hair and skin, and hormone production, optimum thyroid and adrenal activity, and the production of healthy cell membranes.
5. Be a Fan of Fiber
Unlike Carbohydrates, proteins, and fats that are broken down and absorbed by the body, fibre is not digested. Fibre helps bulk up and soften the stool, making it easier for the body to pass out. It helps normalize bowel movement, hence decreasing the chances of constipation.
Fibre is important in maintaining bowel health, as it lowers your risks of developing haemorrhoids and even colorectal cancer. Fibre also does well to help control blood sugar and cholesterol levels, as it can slow the ingestion of sugar, and reduce the probability of developing type 2 diabetes. It may also help in reducing blood pressure and inflammation.
The best part about fibre is that it is an invaluable help in achieving weight loss goals. The fibre in the shake would also make it more filling, making you stay satisfied longer, so you’re less likely to eat or crave it.
Extensive research is still ongoing on Phytochemicals. So far, what we know about them shows extensive benefits. Incorporating these in a Meal replacement Shake would ensure that you are getting all the benefits without the food overload.
Carotenoids may suppress cardiovascular disease and increase immunity. Lutein helps keep the eyes healthy. Flavonoids and Quercitin may aid in the combat of inflammation and tumour growth. Anthocyanins, Proanthocyanidins, and flavonols may assist in the lowering of blood pressure.
Before Buying Meal Replacement Shakes, It’s Important to Remember that
1. You are not replacing your whole Diet
The success of any weight goal is hinged on the consumption of varied, balanced food.
The shakes should only replace 1 to two of your meals in a day. Otherwise, you may lose out on the vitamins, minerals, and other benefits of consuming whole fruits, grains, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and meat. Also, a weight loss diet with limited variety increases the chances of its failure since it could affect your emotions, leading to tiredness, crankiness, and eventually leading to binge and overeating.
2. Be mindful of the Calories
Just because it’s a shake does not mean that you can forget about the calorie content.
Energy food calories content must be between 200-400, not more than 30% from fat. You might want to aim for a shake that has fewer calories than what would be contained in a regular meal. It should be low in artificial sweeteners and sugar alcohol content as too much of this would lead to exhaustion and weariness after the burst of energetic high.
Meanwhile, nutrient content should be primarily complex carbohydrates, with small amounts of simple sugars and a bit of fat, along with a moderate amount of protein.
3. Make sure it is Satiating
Ideally, a Meal Replacement Shake should tide you over until the next meal. Also, it can help you intake fewer calories by replacing meals that may be higher in calories while still making you feel full and satisfied, with a minimal craving for sweets and starches. If a shake does not make you feel full, you may crave more food after drinking it, and then by the end of the day, you have consumed more calories than you should.
4. Chat to a Doctor
The shake can boost weight loss as part of a calorie-controlled meal plan, and an active lifestyle. However, if you are an adolescent, pregnant, breastfeeding, or have a medical condition, it would be best to discuss your weight loss plans with your doctor before considering consumption.
Here are our best bets for Meal Replacement Shakes :
Best Meal Replacement Shakes in the Amazon UK 2022
This Meal Replacement Shakes never tasted this good. What’s best is that it’s good for you too.
- It has a high vitamin and mineral content – more than 20 different essential vitamins and minerals that sustain the proper function of the immune system, and oat fibre for digestion and to prevent constipation.
- It has 25g of high-quality protein powders per serving with its Whey Protein Concentrate, for muscle development and the maintenance of bones, tendons, immune system and numerous metabolic reactions.
- Its mix of proteins, carbohydrates, and fibre will keep you feeling fuller and satisfied longer than other shakes would. Plus, it also contains weight-loss wonders, green tea and carnitine.
- Regular meals have 500 calories or more but this meal replacement shake has less than 220 calories per meal. It works well to sustain dieting and weight loss.
- No need for crushed ice, you only need to add water to it and you’re good to go with a nutrient-packed meal.
- You’ll find a best tasting, delicious meal with this shake, as its flavour has been amped with the newest Flavour Boost Technology that also does wonders to its texture and taste. Without a doubt, this is one of the best ready to drink a protein shake.
- It provides a complete amino acid profile with its special Tri-Protein Blend.
Coming in from one of the market leaders in sports nutrition, USN UK offers DietFuel UltraLean. And as its name says, this product can help you achieve your weight loss goals by fueling it with notable results.
- This high protein ( 25g per serving ) and high fibre( 3.4g per serving ) meal replacement shake keep you feeling full and satisfied in between meals, thus reducing chances of untimely snacking or overeating.
- Formulated with sugar replacing sweeteners, it is sweet but not too sweet. It can also help curb your sweet cravings during dieting while maintaining normal blood sugar levels.
- Each serving is a powerpack of nutrients with 16g of carbohydrate, 2g of fat,3.4g of fibre, a combination of green tea EGCG, HCA, Fructooligosaccharides, L-Carnitine, calcium, and chromium which promotes the metabolic and fat loss process.
- Formulated with Tolerase ph stable lactase which improves lactose digestion for people who struggle with lactose indigestion.
- At only 200 calories per serving, it’s a low calorie, satisfying, and convenient meal on the go.
What better way to boost a person’s resolve to lose that creeping weight than with a great tasting shake? Sci-Mx has come up with its own Sci-Mx Nutrition Diet Meal Replacement Protein Powder Meal Shake that offers a host of benefits in one cool glass.
- Contains 25g per serving of high-quality whey protein which aids in the metabolic processes and improves muscle tone
- Contains Calcium, Zinc, Iron ( as Ferrous Fumarate), Chromium, and other minerals that ensures the body is getting what it needs while on a calorie-restricted diet
- Has a balance of iodine, biotin, folic acid, and niacin that supports the metabolism of fats, proteins, and carbs, and supports normal thyroid function.
- Contains green tea leaves extract which helps control hunger and cravings
- Covers at least 30% of the body’s daily vitamins and minerals needs
- Its sweet, thick, creamy consistency helps restrain sweet longings without being cloying.
- Perfect meal replacement as it only has 200 calories per serving, perfect for individuals who have to watch their calorie intake.
- Practical, convenient, and fast way to take your meal when you are busy while ensuring that you are still getting the right amount of nutrients.
Great shakes come in see-through tubs. That’s so CUTE! Cute Nutrition UK offers its shakes in delicious Cookies and Cream flavours specially formulated to aid in Weight Loss and Weight Control.
- This shake has 29.9g of protein and 49.8g of carbohydrates for every 100g. Protein and carbohydrates aid in muscle definition and aids in fat metabolism
- Contains Oat Flour (Gluten) which is a rich source of manganese, phosphorous, copper, vitamin B1, magnesium, chromium, biotin, and fibre.
- Its fibre content promotes good bacteria growth, making it easier on the digestive tract and avoiding constipation.
- Contains vital vitamins ( Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin D3 ) and nutrients to keep your energy up and running to boost and motivate your fitness journey.
- Promotes a longer feeling of satiety, thus re-enforcing reduced calorie intake during meals.
- Comes in a delightful Cookies and Cream flavour that you can combine with water, nut-based milk ( or milk of your choice ), or fruits which can make it more like a milkshake consistency, thus making its consumption more fun and enjoyable.
- This product comes in a see-through tub that clearly shows the consumed amount, and would give you more control in usage.
- With Bonus 4 Week Fat Buster Workout Plan which will be sent after the purchase has been verified.
There is a reason why SlimFast has been around for more than 4 decades. It’s because it works. SlimFast Chunky Chocolate Shake Powder is no exemption.
- Contains important Vitamins, and Minerals needed to sustain weight loss goals
- This shake is packed with Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin D, Niacin( Vitamin B), Folic Acid ( B Vitamin ), and Thiamine boosts cell growth, keeps cells healthy, and creates new cells.
- Has 15g of protein per serving that bolsters metabolism, carries oxygen in the bloodstream, maintains and repairs tissues, and can also help an individual lose weight and belly fat.
- It has no added sugar that would wreak havoc on your sugar level.
- Comes in a delicious chocolate powder form which when added to skim milk or any nut-based milk, will make it a nutritious, low-fat meal.
Overall, the best way to use these weight loss shakes is as a replacement for one to two meals, and to maintain one regular meal. Doing some exercise would also complement well the weight loss regime.
When these shakes are coupled with one’s willpower, persistence, and consistency, there is no reason why the weight can’t come off. Bear in mind, however, that results may vary from one individual to another. The important thing is not to compare results, but to remember your objectives, keep track of accomplishments, and sooner than you think, a healthier you would be in sight.